ZERO PROJECT 2020-21: Call for Nominations on Employment and ICT
Assistive Technology, Global, ICT, June 2 2020
The Zero Project team invites leading experts and organizations to nominate Innovative Practices and Policies concerning this year’s topic: Employment and ICT. Click here to submit your nomination
This year, we are seeking for Innovative Practices and Policies from across the business, civil, technology, academic and public sectors and have defined these main topics that support persons with disabilities:
- Inclusive employment strategies of companies and other employers
- Supported employment
- Technical/Vocational Education/Training
- Entrepreneurship and micro-finance
- Matchmaking services and programs
- Higher education models that connect to the labour market
- Transition programs
- Transition models from sheltered workshops
We know that in the current circumstances, many of you will be having to adapt your programs in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic – we are also interested in hearing the impact the crisis has had on your project as part of your nomination.
In addition to the main topic, this year we are also looking for innovative ICT solutions that improve the lives of persons with disabilities from all sectors, including federal, local, international, and national public bodies, along with the social, business and private sectors.
The main topics defined here are:
- Workplace adaptations
- Assistive technologies
- Mobile Services and Smartphone Apps
- Social Media
- Internet of Things
- 3D printing
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning
- Big Data Solutions
- Robotics and automated machinery
The “Innovative Practices and Innovative Policies 2021” will be selected by the Zero Project network of experts in a multistep process, and will be:
- Featured in the Zero Project Report 2021 and added to the Zero Project database of Innovative Practices and Policies
- Invited to speak at the Zero Project Conference at the United Nations in Vienna (Austria) in February 2021
- Being applicable to further opportunities, like joining the accelerator program “Zero Project Impact Transfer”, taking part in our exciting “Zero Project Latin America” project with Fundación Descúbreme and getting the chance to apply for the “ICT – Innovation for Inclusion” grant.
For more detailed information, including our introductory video, or to submit a nomination, please visit the Zero Project Nomination website. If the form does not work for you, please contact us for an accessible Word version. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time. The deadline for submission has been extended to July 5, 2020.