It’s Time to Engage! – HLPF 2019 Regional Sustainable Development Forums
Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Events, Middle East, News, December 18 2018
INTERNATIONAL: Each year, the five UN Regional Commissions organize regional preparatory meetings leading up to the High-level Political Forum in July. The meetings will be convened between March and April 2019. The regional platforms usually have a pre-meeting of civil society. It is a space to exchange on our advocacy in the five regions (Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Arab region and Africa) and to make the link between the national and global levels. It is also an opportunity to update each other on the regional work done around the yearly forums hosted in each region to prepare Member States to the High-level Political Forum.
Regional meetings will take place:
- from 21-22 March in Geneva, Switzerland, for the Europe region (http://www.unece.org/info/ece-homepage.html);
- from 27-29 March in Bangkok, Thailand, for the Asia and Pacific region (http://www.unescap.org);
- from 22-26 April in Santiago, Chile, for the Latin American and the Caribbean region (https://www.cepal.org/?idioma=IN);
- from 16-18 April in Beirut, Lebanon, for the Western Asia region (https://www.unescwa.org); and
- in April with actual date and venue to be confirmed, for the African region (https://www.uneca.org).
CONNECT WITH REGIONAL DISABILITY CONSTITUENCIES! We encourage you to get in touch with the regional representatives of the Stakeholder Group of Persons with Disabilities has regional coordination mechanisms in place in Asia-Pacific and Europe.
- In Asia-Pacific, the focal point for persons with disabilities is Ms. Savina Nongebatu. Email address: email@example.com
- In Europe, the focal point for persons with disabilities is Ms. Marion Steff. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions on other regions, email email@example.com.
Source: HLPF 2019 Bulletin
Re-posted with permission