CALLING FOR INPUTS for the Official Submission of the Stakeholder Group of Persons with Disabilities to HLPF 2019
Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East, News, December 18 2018
INTERNATIONAL: Each year the Stakeholder Group of Persons with Disabilities submits a sectoral position paper to the High-level Political Forum (HLPF).
This year, our submission to the 2019 HLPF will have the overarching theme of “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring their inclusiveness and equality with others”. The submission will consist of 5 chapters around the following Goals under review:
- Chapter 1. Education (Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all)
- Chapter 2. Employment (Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all)
- Chapter 3. Inequalities (Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries)
- Chapter 4. Climate change (Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts)
- Chapter 5. Title pending. In light of Goal 16, this chapter will address violence, participation in decision-making processes, and access to justice. (Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels)
Deadline: 25th of January!
- INPUT! ENGLISH! We invite you to input into any of the chapters by filling out the form.
- ENTRADA! ESPAÑOL! Le invitamos a participar en cualquiera de los capítulos completando el formulario adjunto.
- CONTRIBUTION! FRANÇAIS! Nous vous invitons à participer à compose des chapitres en remplissant le formulaire ci-joint.
Source: HLPF 2019 Bulletin
Re-posted with permission