High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2019
Americas, Events, News, October 16 2018
NEW YORK, USA: The 2019 High-level Political Forum will highlight the following goals around the theme of ‘Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality’.
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Countries to be Reviewed in 2019 : Voluntary National Reviews
Fifty-one countries will conduct voluntary national reviews during the last three days of the session:
- 41 countries will report for the first time: Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Eritrea, Eswatini, Fiji, Ghana, Guyana, Iceland, Iraq,
Israel, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Maurit ania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Nauru, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Serbia, South Africa, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, UK, Tanzania, and Vanuatu.
- 10 countries will report for a second or third time: Azerbaijan, Brazil, Chil
e, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, I ndonesia, Philippines, Sierra Leone, and Turkey.
More information available at https://sustainabledevelopm
What happened at the HLPF 2018
Check out what happened in 2018 at the HLPF and read about the participation and engagement of the Stakeholder Group of Persons with Disabilities here.
Stay up-to-date! More information on the HLPF 2019 coming soon!
Source: IDA CRPD Forum
Re-posted with permission