DEADLINE AUGUST 31ST – Invitation to join The Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation
Asia-Pacific, News, August 27 2018
GUANGZHOU, CHINA: The Guangzhou Award is co-sponsored by the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), the World Association of the Major Metropolises (Metropolis) and the City of Guangzhou in China. It aims at recognizing innovative initiatives that bring forth social, economic and environmental sustainability in cities and regions and, in so doing, it cooperates to promote prosperity and a better quality of life for citizens. Hence, our purpose is to broaden city-to-city learning and exchange in support of the implementation of the Global Agendas, more specifically, the SDGs and the New Urban Agenda.
We are seeking initiatives for sustainable urban development that look forward to new policies, strategies, partnerships, business and governance models, and uses of technology. Our website provides examples of those initiatives that we have recognized in the previous three sessions of The Guangzhou Award: www.guangzhouaward.org.
Interested participants can visit the following submission website and submit their initiatives (free of charge) before the deadline (August 31st, 2018) using the following link: http://apply.guangzhouaward.org/site/login.
Benefits for the participants include:
- $20,000 USD, a trophy and a commemorative certificate, (for the 5 winning cities/local governments only) and roundtrip air tickets to Guangzhou, China, including accommodation fees during the final assessment (for the 15 shortlisted cities/local governments only);
- An invitation to the 2018 Guangzhou International Urban Innovation Conference of December;
- Prioritized access to other international events organized by the Secretariat of The Guangzhou Award, such as workshops, seminars, and study tours (the result of which will be featured in publications) that address the issue of urban innovation.
- Exchanges and interaction with peers as well as representatives from businesses and academia from all around the world.
- International exposure of your project.
For more reference, please kindly visit the following link: http://www.guangzhouaward.org/en/applynow.html.
Re-posted with permission