The Global Action on Disability (GLAD) Network: Article 32 in Practice
Americas, Events, June 13 2018
NEW YORK, USA: For those in New York for the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD, you are welcome to attend a COSP11 side event:
On Thursday 14 June 2018 at 1.15 pm in Room CR4, Un Headquarters, New York.
This annual side-event on the GLAD Network, in conjunction with the 11th Session of COSP on the GLAD Network, will provide updates on the work of the GLAD Network, including information on progress, activities, and achievements of the GLAD Network over the past year.
Objectives of the side events will be to:
- Provide an update on the work of the Network collectively since the last side-event in June 2017, including a de-briefing on the meeting of the Network in Helsinki;
- Provide information on the activities of the GLAD working groups on education, social protection and humanitarian action;
- Announcing the newest members; updates on the governance and the Secretariat.
Panel co-moderated by: Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Mika Kontiainen), and International Disability Alliance (Vladimir Cuk).
- Progress on the work of the three GLAD working groups:
- Inclusive education, Joshua Josa, United States Agency for International Development
- Social protection paper, Katariina Sario, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Finland
- Humanitarian working group outcomes from the Helsinki meeting, Kalle Konkolla, Abilis Foundation
- The OECD DAC disability marker and the Global Disability Summit, Penny Innes, UK Department for International Development
- Introduction of new members, Governance, and the Secretariat
2. Interactive discussion
3. Closing remarks
International Sign and CART will be provided
Organized by: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Government of Australia and International Disability Alliance
GLAD Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on GLAD and its Members: https://gladnetwork.net/
Re-posted with permission