Results of CRPD Committee Elections at the 11th CoSP
Americas, Events, News, June 13 2018
NEW YORK, USA: On Tuesday, 12 June 2018, the elections for 9 seats for the CRPD Committee took place on the first day of the 11th Conference of States Parties to the CRPD.
IDA congratulates the re-elected and newly elected candidates, whose term will term will begin in 2019:
- Ms Rosemary Kayess (Australia)
- Ms Gertrude Fefoame (Ghana)
- Mr Jonas Ruskus (Lithuania)
- Mr Danlami Basharu (Nigeria)
- Mi Yeon Kim (Republic of Korea)
- Markus Schefer (Switzerland)
- Ms Mara Gabrilli (Brazil)
- Ms Risnawati Utami (Indonesia)
- Ms Amalia Gamio (Mexico)
The election of the new 6 women and 3 men will lead to a composition of 12 men and 6 women on the CRPD Committee, for the period of 2019 and 2020, contributing to restore gender balance towards gender parity!
For more information, visit IDA´s Website by clicking here!
Re-posted with permission.