Pacific SDG Report from CRPD Perspective – Executive Summary
Americas, Events, June 13 2018
NEW YORK, USA: For those in New York for the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD, please join:
‘From Recognition to Realization of Rights: Furthering Effective Partnership for an Inclusive Pacific 2030’
On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 from 6:30p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in Conference Room B
The side event aims at providing COSP participants with the perspective of disabled peoples organisation (DPO) on the challenges and opportunities of SDGs and CRPD implementation in the Pacific, highlighting the importance of multi-stakeholders partnerships as well as the critical need for innovative regional cooperation mechanisms.
A roundtable including:
- Opening Remarks:
- Mr. Mika Kontianinen, Director, Disability Development, Policy & Education Branch, DFAT, Australia
- Pacific Islands Forum Chair
- Executive Summary of the Pacific SDG/CRPD monitoring report by PDF: Setareki Macanawai, Pacific Disability Forum
- Honourable Minister Faimalotoa Iemaima Kika Stowers, Ministry of Women, Community & Social Development, Samoa
- His Excellency, Dr Satyendra Prasad, Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Fiji
- Ms. Cecelia Klein, Senior Policy & Program Officer, Disability Section, DFAT, Australia
- Ms. Natalia Mattioli, Management & External Relations, Technical Secretariat UNPRPD, Bureau for policy & Programme Support
- Ms. Catherine Naughton, Director, European Disability Forum
4. Closing Remarks
- Ms Nelly Caleb, National Coordinator, Vanuatu Disability Promotion and Advocacy Association
The panel discussion will be followed by a question and answer session.
Source: IDA_CRDP Forum
Re-posted with permission.