Driving Government & Private Investment and Action in Inclusive Sport Under the Kazan Action Plan Commitments Aligned with CRPD
Americas, Events, June 13 2018
NEW YORK, USA: For those in New York for the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD, you are welcome to attend a COSP11 side event led by the Irish Government via the Permanent Mission of Ireland to the United Nations. Ireland ratified CRPD this year and the Irish government can for the first time participate in this event in collaboration with UNESCO, the UNESCO Chair Institute of Technology Tralee, the Commonwealth, the Human Rights and Disability Ministry of Brazil, the International Disability Alliance, Power of Sport Lab, International Paralympic Committee, Special Olympics International, Deaflympics, the Global Network on Disability Inclusive and Accessible Urban Development and the Washington Group on Disability Statistics, acknowledging sport as human right and a vehicle for social inclusion.
‘Driving Government & Private Investment and Action in Inclusive Sport under the Kazan Action Plan Commitments aligned with CRPD’
Event details: June 13th, 2018, 3-4:15pm EDT, Conference Room C, UN Headquarters, New York
UNESCO periodically convenes a gathering of the worlds sports ministers. In 2017 these ministers met in Kazan and produced the Kazan Action Plan (KAP). This session will outline how the KAP is a useful vehicle for promoting inclusive sport. This side event facilitates a briefing on the UNESCOs Kazan Action Plan and what it means for government action an investment. There will be time for discussion and intervention from the floor. The session examines commitment between physical education, physical activity and sport directly through CRPD article 30.5 and transversally through Articles 6, 7, 9, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 31, & 32.
PANELISTS & CONTRIBUTORS
- Minister of State with Responsibility for Disability, Ireland, Finian McGrath
- UNESCO, Philipp Muller-Wirth
- IT Tralee, Oliver Murphy & Bríd McElligott
- UNESCO Chair in Inclusive Sport, IT Tralee, Catherine Carty
- The Commonwealth, Layne Robinson
- Human Rights and Disability Ministry of Brazil, Marco Pellegrini
- International Disability Alliance, Amy Farkas Karageorgos
- Power of Sport Lab, Eli Wolff
- International Paralympic Committee, Juan Pablo Salazar
- Special Olympics International, Meredith Ciaccia, Javier Vasquez & Garrett Barnes
- Deaflympics, Tiffany Williams
- The Global Network on Disability Inclusive and Accessible Urban Development, Federico Poitier
- The Washington Group on Disability Statistics, Daniel Mont & Mitchell Loeb
International Sign Language | Closed Captioning | Live Streaming Recording available
Re-posted with permission.