Inclusive Education for Girls and Boys with Disabilities in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC)
Americas, June 7 2018
NEW YORK, USA: Those attending 11th session of the Conference of States Parties (COSP) to the CRPD are also invited to attend a side event ‘Leverage investment through partnerships: Inclusive Education for girls and boys with disabilities in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC)’
In Low and Middle Income countries more than 32 million children with disabilities are out of school. Exclusion from education is often the beginning of lifelong exclusion from society. Without reversing this fact, the 2030 Agenda cannot be successful.
This event will take place 12th June 2017, from 10:00 – 11:15 AM at UN Headquarters, (Conference Room B), New York
RSVPs: Those not registered for the COSP, but would like to attend the side event kindly, indicate your name as shown in your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org until 7 June 2018 latest.
By the end of the session, you will
- Have an overview of key findings and recommendations (from the #Costing Equity Report (https://iddcconsortium.net/resources-tools/costing-equity and other relevant studies) related to development aid and domestic resourcing channeled towards implementing disability-inclusive education in line with UNCRPD art. 24 on inclusive education and its General Comment.
- Think about strategic investments that will close the gap between policies and commitments on paper and implementation of disability-inclusive education in practice in low- and middle-income settings e.g. data.
- Know about potential solutions of funding mechanisms on the way
- Understand the importance of renewing and strengthening partnership of civil society, governments and donors and their respective responsibilities;
Welcoming by the Permanent Mission of Austria
Introduction by the moderator Ms. Roseangela Berman-Bieler, UNICEF
- Ms.. Diane Richler, International Disability Alliance (IDA);
- Ms.. Sabine Rehbichler, LIGHT FOR THE WORLD/IDDC member;
- Ms. Anjlee Agarwal, Samarthyam/GAATES;
- Ms.. Camilla Croso, Global Campaign for Education (GCE);
- Ms.. Ambassador Mahlet Hailu, Mission of Ethiopia to the UN (tbc);
- Ms.. Yvette Dembélé, Ministry of Social Affairs, Burkina Faso;
- Mr. Richard Boden, Department for International Development (DFID) UK;
- Ms.. Louise Banham, Global Partnership for Education (GPE) (tbc);
The side event is being organised by the Permanent Mission of Austria.
Permanent Missions of Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, the United Kingdom/DFID, Czech Republic; International Disability Alliance (IDA); International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC); Bridging the GAP; GAATES; Global Campaign for Education; Global Partnership for Education (tbc);World Enabled.
Re-posted with permission