Gallaudet University Offers Three New American Sign Language Class Series
Americas, June 7 2017
A set of three new American Sign Language class series will be starting in June 2017:
- A completely NEW series, a lunch time brown bag ASL class Tuesdays 12:30–1:30 p.m. in the Library Express, 1990 K Street, NW (use 20th Street entrance). This will be a beginning level class, June 20–August 29, 2017 (no classes on July 4 and 11). Space is limited so arrive early to ensure a seat.
- Beginning level classes start up again with a new series at Mount Pleasant Neighborhood Library, 3160 16thStreet, NW, Mondays, June 5–31, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Once a month, Saturday morning, beginning level classes at the Francis Gregory Neighborhood Library, 3660 Alabama Avenue, SE, June 17, July 15, and August 19, 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Additionally, the library will still have the series that had already begun:
- The beginning level class at Woodridge Neighborhood Library, 1801 Hamlin Street, NE, Thursdays, April 6–June 22, 7–8:30 p.m. Details on when the next set of classes at Woodridge will occur after the current series is completed will be announced later. Additionally, more advanced levels may be announced if there is enough interest.
- Beginning, emerging signers, and intermediate level continuing back-to-back at Southeast Library, 403 7thStreet, SE, Wednesday evenings until July 26. Details to come regarding more ASL classes at Southeast.
Details for possible ASL classes at other neighborhood libraries are being worked out, too, and will be announced when plans are finalized.