Hackers and People with Disabilities to Participate in 48 Hour Access Makeathon Event in Vancouver
Americas, January 27 2017
BURNABY, BC: Inventors, Creators, Hackers, and Change Makers will be coming together over 48 hours from January 27 to 29, 2017 at the Access Makeathon in Vancouver, British Columbia to build open source assistive technologies that will directly address the needs of people with disabilities.
- Friday: 6:00pm – 9:00pm (meet+greet and team formation)
- Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00am (workshops and making)
- Sunday: 9:00am – 6:00pm (making and presentations — presentations start at 2 pm sharp!)
- Centre for Digital Media (The Hangar), 685 Great Northern Way Vancouver, BC; and
- Vancouver Hack Space, #104-1715 Cook St, Vancouver, BC
Neil Squire Society is organizing the Access Makeathon in partnership with Rick Hansen Foundation, SFU’s School of Interactive Arts and Technology, TechSoup’s NetSquared, TOM Global, UBC Women in Engineering, UBC Young Women in Engineering and Science, Centre for Digital Media, Vancouver Hack Space, Vancouver Foundation, and Google.org. View the event sponsors.