COE Conference on “Promoting Human Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Ambitions, Impact and Challenges Ahead”
Europe Nov 4, 2015
The Committee of Experts on the rights of people with disabilities of the Council of Europe is organizing, in partnership with the Ministry of Justice and Equality of Ireland, a Conference on “Promoting Human Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Ambitions, Impact and Challenges Ahead” on 5-6 November 2015, Dublin, Ireland.
The aims of the conference are to:
- Take stock of the implementation of the Council of Europe Disability Action Plan including impact on policy and legislative developments;
- Present good practices identified in the framework of the implementation of the Council of Europe Action Plan;
- Present challenges faced with its implementation;
- Set out the priorities and main lines of action for the future Council of Europe Disability Strategy (post-2015 four-year disability framework), focusing at enhancing/assisting in the implementation of the UN CRPD;
- Facilitate partnerships and networks among stakeholders including government officials, specialised agencies and institutions, persons with disabilities, civil society, regional and international organisations.
For more information, visit http://www.coe.int/t/dg3/disability/DisabilityDublinConference2015_en.asp