COE Conference on "Promoting Human Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Ambitions, Impact and Challenges Ahead"
Europe, November 4 2015
The Committee of Experts on the rights of people with disabilities of the Council of Europe is organizing, in partnership with the Ministry of Justice and Equality of Ireland, a Conference on “Promoting Human Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Ambitions, Impact and Challenges Ahead” on 5-6 November 2015, Dublin, Ireland.
The aims of the conference are to:
- Take stock of the implementation of the Council of Europe Disability Action Plan including impact on policy and legislative developments;
- Present good practices identified in the framework of the implementation of the Council of Europe Action Plan;
- Present challenges faced with its implementation;
- Set out the priorities and main lines of action for the future Council of Europe Disability Strategy (post-2015 four-year disability framework), focusing at enhancing/assisting in the implementation of the UN CRPD;
- Facilitate partnerships and networks among stakeholders including government officials, specialised agencies and institutions, persons with disabilities, civil society, regional and international organisations.
For more information, visit http://www.coe.int/t/dg3/disability/DisabilityDublinConference2015_en.asp