Americas Apr 12, 2013
WOBURN, MA: Texthelp announced the release of iReadWrite for the iPad.iReadWrite is an easy-to-use reading and writing App that benefits struggling readers and writers of all ages especially those with dyslexia, dysgraphia, or other learning difficulties. Support features include text-to-speech with dual color highlighting, word prediction, phonetic spell checker, dictionary, and picture dictionary. iReadWrite runs directly on the iPad with no need for Wi-Fi or 3G access.
Jack Dolan, President of Texthelp Inc., states, “As more schools turn to iPads as an AT device for their students, they have been asking for an iPad App to give them access to the same Read&Write features that they currently use on the PC or Mac. iReadWrite, at such an affordable price point, now allows even more users who struggle with reading and writing the chance to succeed.”
iReadWrite Features include:
- Text-to-Speech – Reads text aloud with dual-color highlighting.
- Phonetic Spell Checker – Identifies spelling mistakes, including phonetic and flexible spelling errors, using context to provide even better suggestions.
- Similar Sounding and Confusable Word Checker -Identifies words that sound the same as well as words that are easily confused along with alternate choices and definitions.
- Word Prediction – Completes the word being typed and suggests the next word to use using context and the phonetic spell checker to help provide the most appropriate suggestions.
- Text and Picture Dictionary – Provides text definitions as well as images for selected words to help expand vocabulary and improve comprehension.
- Customizable Background and Text Colors – Change the background and text colors based on needs or preferences.
- Choice of Voices and Fonts – Includes a variety of natural-sounding text-to-speech male and female voices and easily-readable fonts including OpenDyslexic.
- Import documents – RTF and TXT documents can be imported into iReadWrite.
- Share Documents – Documents can be shared via email, Facebook, Twitter, or Messages.