Durham Region Transit launches new accessible website
Americas, November 15 2012
WHITBY, ON: Durham Region Transit (DRT) is delighted to announce the launch of a new accessible website to better serve the needs of transit riders in Durham Region.
The website applies the Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A, the internationally accepted standard for web accessibility developed by the World Web Consortium (W3C).
Features of the new site include:
- Prominent homepage placement of the Bus Schedule Finder and Route Maps
- Simplified, high-contrast design for easy navigation
- Daily Poll function to provide quick feedback from customers
- Wider Bus Schedule Finder template with the option to view next and previous stops
- Route map selection by individual municipality
- Service Alerts email subscription service
- Closed captioned videos
- Language translation and text size selection options
Visit the site at www.durhamregiontransit.com.